- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (this is the perfect for bananas that are going off)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can use rapadura as an alternative)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch (or arrowroot starch)
- Pinch of sea salt (1/2 tsp)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius, and line a standard bread loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash up the banana. Add the sugar and vanilla. Stir to thoroughly combine all of the ingredients.
- Add almond flour, tapioca starch and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- In a separate cup add baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Let them react and then mix in to the mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the lined bread pan, and spread out until it is evenly dispersed. Add toppings and gently press them into the batter.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until the top turns brown, cracks and the loaf is firm.
To Serve:Once done, use parchment paper to lift the loaf out of the pan and cool. Slice and serve! Store in an airtight container on the counter or in the fridge to keep it fresh longer.