With summer in full fledge and movements like call time on melanoma and #Ipledge saturating the social media feeds of young Australian women, it seems we’re all realising just how prevalent melanomas are. Did you know that close to one Australian is diagnosed with melanoma every half hour? Or that melanoma is the 3rd most prevalent cancer amongst men and women, behind breast, prostate and colorectal cancer.
Cancer Council sun exposure recommendations: https://www.cancer.org.au/preventing-cancer/sun-protection/vitamin-d/
List of Xeno Oestrogens and petroleum based chemicals in beauty products:
- Parafin wax
- Mineral oil
- Anything with PEG (polyethylene glycol)
- Anything with DEA (diethanolamine) THIS IS A BIG ONE IN FAKE TAN or MEA (ethanolamine)
- Butanol and any word with butyl: butyl alcohol, butylparaben, butylene glycol
- EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid)
- Any word with propyl—isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol, propyl alcohol, cocamidopropyl betaine
- Parfum or fragrance—95 percent of chemicals used in fragrance are from petroleum. This one word can contain many, many chemicals that don’t need to be listed and are likely endocrine disrupters.